Steven Jobs the CEO and founder of Apple presented Apple’s plans for their new office complex to the Cupertino City Council. The new Apple office space will remain in Cupertino and will be of epic proportions. It is intended to hold all 12,000 of Apple’s employees and will draw inspiration from the form of a spaceship. Apple purchased about 100 acres from Hewlett Packard in 2010 and added it to the 50 adjacent acres it already owned.
Apple plans for 80 per cent of the area to be landscaped and for the campus to have its own energy centre as a main power source, as well as an auditorium and research and development centre. Apologise for the grainy pictures but that’s the best out at the moment.
Interesting facts about the future Apple campus:
– The building will function as its own power source
– Most of the parking will be underground
– There is a courtyard in the middle and curved glass all the way around
– the building will be four stories high
– Part of the campus will be an auditorium, fitness centre and R & D buildings
– Cafeterias will seat 3,000 people at the same time