Steven Sinofsky, the Microsoft Windows Division President, recently unveiled the newest version of Windows, known as Windows 8. The release was done at the BUILD conference in Anaheim California to an audience of developers. Sinofsky called Windows 8 a “bold reimagining” of the platform, saying that 1995 was the “last time Windows underwent a significant bold overhaul.” One can only imagine this new approach is an attempt to combat the dominance of Apple. Will it work? Only time can tell!
In a nutshell the key points of the Windows 8 experience are:
- Fast and fluid user experience
- Immersive and full-screen
- Touch first with full keyboard and mouse
- Web of apps working together
- Experience for all PC devices and architectures