HTC Facebook phone just launched – the HTC ChaCha and the HTC Salsa. Each comes with the Android 2.3.3 OS.
The HTC ChaCha comes with a blackberry type keyword, while the Salsa will be touch-only. The cool new feature is that the phones will have a dedicated Facebook button, which when pressed has a different function depending on what you are doing with the phone at the time. While the phones are fully endorsed by Facebook, they can’t officially be called ‘Facebook Phones’, as Facebook has stated that it will not produce its own brand of handset.
The phones will allow you to “share just about anything with just one touch. Take a photo – straight to Facebook. Make a video -straight to Facebook. Show whatever, whenever, at the touch of a button.”
HTC ChaCha (114.4×64.6×10.7mm, 120g)
- 2.6-inch, 480×320 pixel, touchscreen
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash.
- 600MHz processor with 512MB RAM
- 512MB of integrated storage with a memory card slot
- 1,250mAh battery.
HTC Salsa (109.1×58.9×12.3mm, 120g)
- 3.4-inch screen with 320×480 pixels
- 5-megapixel camera, with both also having a front-facing VGA-resolution camera for video calling.