Apple today released the new MacBook Pro range, which is an updated version of the already popular MacBook range. The new models will include Intel’s new Sandy Bridge processors, an integrated FaceTime enabled HD camera and the implementation of the so-called Thunderbolt technology.
Thunderbolt is co-developed with Intel, and is a very exciting new technology indeed. It allows you to connect high speed devices through one port, reaching transfer rates of up to 10Gbps. That is astonishingly fast, especially considering that USB 2.0 runs are 480Mps, and USB 3.00 at 5Gbps. Thunderbolt is therefore ideal for the growing number of HD video displays and devices.
13inch MacBook Pro
- 2.3GHz dual-core Core i5 processor
- integrated HD Graphics
- 320GB hard drive and
- From £832.50 for the 2.3GHz.
- From £1,082.5 for the 2.7GHz Core i5 CPU model with a 500GB of storage.
15inch MacBook Pro
- 2.0GHz quad-core Core i7 processor
- AMD Radeon HD 6490M graphics
- 500GB hard drive
- From £1,290.83 for the 2.0GHz
- From £1540.83 for the 2.2GHz Core i7 model with Radeon HD 6750M graphics and 750GB of storage.
17inch MacBook Pro
- 2.2GHz Core i7
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics
- 750GB hard drive
- cost – £1,749.17 .
All prices excluding VAT