Apple has finally unveiled the much talked about iPad 2, with the new device getting some substantial upgrades. There were many rumours flying around as to what new features the device will have, and despite big improvements there are those that are still slightly disappointed. Personally I think the new iPad 2 is a great improvement and that this version should have been the first one Apple came out with!
The iPad 2 will be thinner, at only 0.34inches, with major upgrades to the back camera and an inclusion of a front one. The battery is a 25 watt- hour rechargeable lithium-polymer which lasts up to 10 hours for Wi-Fi surfing or 9 hours of 3G surfing. It will be available in the usual 16gb, 32gb and 64gb storage capacity and feature a Wi-Fi only or 3G version.
- Same as the old iPad, it will be 9.7inch with a resolution of 1024×768.
- Dissapppointing that the iPad 2 won’t have the Retina display technology which has proven so popular on the iPhone 4
- 1Ghz dual-core A5 Chip.
- The graphics on the iPad 2 are supposedly 9x that of the current model. This promises to open up new gaming potential.
- Back Camera – HD video recording and 5x digital zoom.
- Front Camera – VGA Video Recording and FaceTime enabled.
- Three-axis gyro technology, as seen in the iPhone 4.